Our Commitment to Online Privacy
By continuing to use the services of StorageDefender Insurance Agency, you agree to let us use your information in the ways discussed in this Policy. For this reason, it is very important you review this entire Policy. If you are not comfortable or do not agree with this policy, please feel free to stop using this site.
Services This Policy Covers
This Policy applies to the online services owned by StorageDefender Insurance Agency, including our website, social media accounts and any future online services we develop. This Policy does not cover the practices of companies not owned by StorageDefender Insurance Agency. Sometimes, we may display a link to another company’s services. When you click on this link, you are leaving StorageDefender Insurance Agency and are no longer covered by this Policy. Since you are here reading this, you must have a particular interest in privacy policies; we highly recommend you add to your reading list the privacy policies of the companies we link to.
What Is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that may allow for an individual to be personally identified. For example, your name, email address, social security number, phone number, residential address and credit card details are all considered personal information. Other information, such as your interests, economic status, customer number, IP address, geolocation, education, and job title may also be considered personal information if that information, when combined with other information, is used to reveal your identity.
What Personal Information Does StorageDefender Insurance Agency Collect?
StorageDefender Insurance Agency only collects personal information from you when you voluntarily consent for us to collect and use it. You voluntarily consent for us to collect and use your personal information by:
- Reporting a Claim: The StorageDefender Insurance Agency website has a form that collects information for our third-party insurance carrier, American National Property And Casual Company, who we are a general agent for. The claims page allows for you to document your personal or business loss during a claim, provide the necessary loss information, and include your personal details to be able to work through the entire process with American National Insurance. You will be inputting your data in this form and it will be directly sent to American National. To use this online service, you are required to provide your name, email address, phone number, and residential or business address, photos of losses, information regarding assets impact, storage facility information, as well as other information. This information will be directly sent to the carrier’s own database safely and securely.
- Directly providing the information to us: In some circumstances, you may be asked by StorageDefender Insurance Agency to provide specific information so that we can help you with an inquiry or you may give information to us on your own accord. Such information may include personal information such as your name, email address, phone number or residential or business address. For example, you consent for us to use the information you have provided when you reach out to us by email or our social media accounts, when you use the “contact us” form on our website, when you interact with our support or customer service teams, or when you comment on our blog posts or social media posts. You should also be aware that the comments you make on our blog or social media accounts may also be accessible to the public.
What about the Cookies?
Cookies are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser.
- Types of cookies we use: We use both session cookies, that are erased once you exit your browser, and persistent cookies, that stay on your device for a set period of time or until you manually delete them.
- Can I block cookies? Most browsers have an option to stop your computer from accepting cookies altogether or to stop certain types of cookies. As we mentioned, cookies allow for us to provide a number of StorageDefender Insurance Agency online features. So, if you do decide to block cookies, our online services (particularly our website) may not operate properly. If it is the targeted advertising that you are mainly concerned about, you can choose to specifically opt out of targeted advertising by going the following links:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://adssettings.google.com
Digital Advertising Alliance – http://optout.aboutads.info/
You can also learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Why Does StorageDefender Insurance Agency Collect My Information?
We do this specifically and only to improve service for you.
We never collect your information for the purpose of selling, renting, trading or otherwise abusing it. We only use your information for the following reasons:
- To allow you to submit and process a loss claim;
- To personalize our online features and content;
- To fulfill or enforce a contract that you have entered into with us;
- To help you efficiently access your information;
- To improve, monitor and test our services and new products or features;
- To prevent, investigate and address the misuse of our services;
- To learn about the types of people that are using our services and how we can better market to those people;
- To allow you to participate in social sharing including on social media and through our blogs;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To comply with law enforcement and other regulatory authorities; and
- To communicate with you about our services and features.
Does StorageDefender Insurance Agency Share My Information with Third Parties?
We do not get involved with providing personal information to black market
We only share your information with third parties in the following ways:
- Other Companies in the StorageDefender Insurance Agency Network: StorageDefender Insurance Agency is not the only company owned by us. Sometimes we may share information with other in-network companies to carry out our daily business operations and to enable us to maintain and provide services to you.
- Agents: Sometimes we hire other trusted companies and/or individuals to help us out with tasks. These agents may need your personal information to fulfill the work we have asked them to perform, but they do not have the right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to complete the requested task. Three common agents that we use are American National Property And Casual Company or subsidiary companies, TeamOfDefenders LLC, and Right Move Storage LLC.
- New Owners: In the event that StorageDefender Insurance Agency is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. We will give you notice before there is a substantial change in our ownership and before any transfer of your personal information occurs.
- Law Enforcement: We may sometimes be required to share your personal information with law enforcement, lawyers or regulatory authorities. We will only share your information when we believe, in good faith, that sharing your information is necessary to protect StorageDefender Insurance Agency or users of our services. Examples include, where a legal warrant or subpoena has been issued to us, where we must report information due to a belief that fraud or misuse of our services has occurred, or where a user’s property or safety, or our property or safety, is at risk. In cases of fraud, we may also be required to share your information with the credit bureau and banks.
Will I Receive Emails from StorageDefender Insurance Agency?
- Emails you can opt out of: At StorageDefender Insurance Agency, we may keep you updated on our new features and how we are evolving as a company. If you are already receiving these types of emails, it means that you consented to receive these emails either by clicking a little opt-in box or by otherwise letting us know that it was suitable for us to use your email address in this way. Of course, you are always free to opt out of these emails by simply requesting for us to remove you from our e-mail
- Emails you will not be able to opt out of: There are some important emails from StorageDefender Insurance Agency that you will not be able to opt out of. For example, we may send emails to notify you that your credit card has been used to make a payment, that this Policy has been updated or that the storage facility has been hit by a meteorite (we expect some of these emails to be sent more than others).
Personal Information Retention and Your Rights
StorageDefender Insurance Agency processes and stores your information within the United States and only keeps your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services. Under the law, you also have the right to request at any time for us to:
- Give you access to any personal information that we have processed;
- Correct any personal information that may have been incorrectly processed;
- Delete your personal information from our systems;
- Transfer your personal information to another service, when technically feasible; and
- Stop using your personal information in specific ways, by withdrawing the consent you have given us.
We will do our best to comply with your requests; however, sometimes there may be legal or contractual duties that stop us from being able to fulfill your wishes. For example, we may need to retain certain information to comply with our tax reporting obligations, or if the information is part of an active investigation, we may not be able to remove it from our systems straight away. Regardless, we will always respond to your requests and let you know the situation.
Keeping Your Information Safe
StorageDefender Insurance Agency is committed to protecting your personal information. We have physical, electronic and managerial systems and procedures in place to help safeguard your information. Unfortunately, no online system can guarantee complete security of your personal information. Third-party viruses or security failures may result in your personal information being compromised. You can help prevent unauthorized access to your information by using antivirus software, limiting access to your personal computer and changing your passwords from “abc123” to something a little less obvious. In the unlikely event that your personal information is compromised due to a security breach on our end, we will work to notify you within 72 hours of the breach coming to our attention.
Protection of Children
Our services are not directed, or intended, for children under the age of 13 years. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under this age limit and delete this information as soon as we become aware of it. If you live outside of the United States, your country may apply stricter age limits. In some cases, even if you are older than 13, you may not be legally allowed to access to our online services.
Changes Made to This Policy
StorageDefender Insurance Agency may modify this Policy from time to time. The date at the top of this Policy lets you know when this Policy was last revised. If StorageDefender Insurance Agency makes a change to this Policy that materially affects the way your information is used, an email will be sent notifying you of the change or changes to the Policy. Please check back here occasionally to make sure you have read our latest policy. By continuing to access or use our services after the Policy changes, you allow us to use your information in the ways described in the updated policy.
By using our services, you are making an agreement with us, and will be construed according to, the substantive, procedural and evidentiary laws of the State of Texas, without reference to conflict-of-law principles. If a dispute arises out of or relates to this policy agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure.
Contact StorageDefender Insurance Agency
If you ever have any questions about how we use your personal information, contact us at:
11450 US Highway 380, STE 130-165, Crossroads, TX 76227